- ATO Mum
- I’m a once-single mum of two boys (4 and 8) who was ‘attempting the ordinary’ after conceiving my second son by donor. I'm now married and pregnant and its complicated - again. These are my anonymous ramblings about life, love, parenting and the rest – emptying my head of the weird, the wonderful and the mundane. Hope you enjoy.
Sunday, 8 July 2012
Of my first ever Blogging Award!
I am so excited to have been nominated for a Versatile Blogger award by the fabulous Recipe Junkie - thank you, thank you, thank you! - my first ever blogging award, I shall wear my badge with pride and here it is!
Please do go and check out Recipe Junkie's brilliant blog - although I will warn you, have good food nearby, 'cause just reading those recipes makes my mouth water!
So here are the rules of the award
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you
2. Include a link to their site
3. Include the award image to your post
4. Include the award image to your blog
5. Give 7 random facts about yourself
6. Nominate 15 other Bloggers for the award, including links to their sites
7. Let those bloggers know they have been nominated
So seven random facts about myself - tough for an anonymous blogger without outing myself, but I'll give it a go:
1. I once trained as a rugby referee
2. I once met the Icelandic president
3. The only word I can say in Flemish is 'a bit'
4. I had never made a lasagne until tonight
5. As a student, I got very drunk at a party and gushed at the then 19 year old Sacha Baron Cohen that I thought he was the best actor of our generation
6. My most ridiculous crush ever was on Jimmy Cagney - he was very dead and had been very married - but I loved him!
7. I was on Songs of Praise when I was 7, playing the recorder
So now to nominate my other Bloggers. No pressure to do anything with this if you don't want to - just know that I appreciate you all :)
So, firstly, the bloggers whose blogs and tweets keep me laughing and realising I'm not the only one: Ministry of Mum, Trouble Doubled and Mother Venting - loving your work!
The Vegetarian Experience - my go to place when I need some veggie food inspiration!
The lovely Adele at Circus Queen, who blogs brilliantly and helpfully about breastfeeding - a particular passion of mine
Inky Mum - because if you haven't seen a cartoon blog, you really should - and it's great
Midlife Single Mum - a fellow 'choice' mum, who is definitely worth a read and posts some beautiful images too
That's all for now - I'll have a think about my other 8 and get back to you....
Thanks again Recipe!